What you wear sends a message to people every day, so make it a positive one, in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month. In the month of May, we look to raise awareness around the importance of mental health and stop the stigma around mental illness. Keep reading for ideas on t-shirt designs for Mental Health Awareness Month, whether you are holding a fundraiser or just want to help spread an important, uplifting message.
Coordinate with the Official Color
A green ribbon is the international symbol of mental health awareness. Because of this, cities across the country light up their buildings with a green hue, and schools encourage students to wear green to show their support.
Bella + Canvas carries a great shade of green that matches the color of the awareness ribbon pretty perfectly. They offer sizes ranging from toddler to adult in various styles, so everyone can take part in supporting the cause.
Designed to Make a Difference
There are many powerful symbols and impactful slogans for a mental health awareness month shirt you can utilize in your design. Here are some ideas to consider:
- The semicolon. The semicolon is an important symbol in mental health awareness and suicide prevention efforts. Amy Bleuel, the creator of Project Semicolon, speaks to why, “In literature, an author uses a semicolon not to end a sentence, but to continue on. We see it as you are the author and your life is the sentence. You’re choosing to keep going.”
- The green ribbon. As we mentioned previously, the green ribbon is the international symbol for mental health awareness month. If you aren’t looking to create a green shirt, a green ribbon is a widely recognized element to include.
- The butterfly. Specifically, the butterfly represents recovery for people who struggle with eating disorders, but generally, it is often seen as a symbol of rebirth and new beginnings.
- “Not all wounds are visible.”
- “The sun will rise and we will try again.”
- “Your feelings are valid.”
- “Be kind to your mind.”
Fundraising for Mental Health with T-Shirts
Take your efforts further by using shirts to fundraise for a mental health organization. The first thing you will need to do is establish your ‘why’. You should know which organization will be receiving the funds and how the funds raised will be used. Once you have the logistics down, you will need to decide on the design. Hopefully, the ideas above got your creative juice flowing, but if not, give us a call and our team can help create a design for your campaign. The last step is to get the word out. Post on social and get your local community involved. For more details on how to run a successful fundraising campaign, check out our blog.
Ready to get started with your order? Contact a Daymaker today!
If you or a loved one are struggling, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States, call 800-273-8255 to get help.